1HP, Optimized Line Reactor, 230V High - Z, open chasis, KDRULA25H
KDR Line Reactors from TCI prevent nuisance tripping and limit expensive downtime. KDR Line Reactors also reduce harmonic current, which increases the life of AC Drives and protects sensitive equipment.
HARMONICS AND POWER QUALITY
Variable Frequency Drives are beneficial to a wide range of applications, but contain a power conversion process that creates current and voltage distortion which can cause system-wide problems, including:
- Transformer and distribution equipment overheating
- Random breaker tripping
- Sensitive equipment may fail completely
- Poor power factor
- Reduced system efficiency
KDR Optimized Line Reactor on Harmonics
The addition of a KDR Reactor will reduce harmonic content, which reduces the total RMS current, thereby improving the total power factor.
- Nuisance tripping is less common
- Drive uptime is increased
- Power factor is improved
Harmonic Current without KDR
Harmonic Current with KDR
TRANSIENT VOLTAGES CAUSE NUISANCE TRIPPING
A voltage transient, commonly caused by capacitor bank switching (or other issues), sends a current surge into the VFD bus capacitor. The additional current raises bus voltage, thus causing a drive fault (trip). In addition, this over-voltage condition will cause the drive to shut down in order to protect its components.
KDR Optimized Line Reactor on Transient Voltages
The additional impedance offered by the KDR Line Reactor slows down the current surge, thus reducing the likelihood of the drive tripping offline.
Voltage before KDR
Voltage after KDR
UNBALANCED DISTRIBUTION SYSTEMS CAUSE NUISANCE TRIPPING
Input voltage phase unbalance may prevent the drive from performing due to subsequent over-current conditions which cause the drive to cease operating.
KDR Optimized Line Reactor on Unbalanced Systems
The addition of a KDR Reactor to the input of every drive will help balance the drive input line currents.
IMPACT OF ADDITIONAL AC LINE REACTANCE ON THE DC BUS VOLTAGE OF A MOTOR DRIVE
Adding AC Line Reactance can be beneficial to the drive as it lowers the input current THD and peak diode current.
DIN RAIL LINE REACTOR OPTION
For smaller applications incorporate DIN Rail Drive Reactors to the input and output of PWM drives for easy installation and superior performance:
- Reduce installation time and cost
- Compatible with any 35mm DIN Rail
- Mounts to "Standard Stell High Profile" or "Heavy Duty Steel" DIN Rails
- Reactor mounts horizontally on horizontal DIN Rail
- Improve organization of reactors and their cabling
- RoHS compliant
SINGLE-PHASE LINE REACTOR APPLICATIONS
KDR Line Reactors can be used in single-phase applications. Please note that the level of impedance will be reduced from three-phase levels. Contact Technical Support at 866-635-0296 for more information.
|Product Series/Model #||KDRULA25H|
|Impedance Protection||High "Z"|
|Enclosure Rating||open chasis|
|Ambient Temperature||50° C (122° F)|
|Max. Altitude||2,000 meters (6,000 feet); Derating necessary above 2,000 meters|
|Fundamental Frequency||50/60 Hz|
|Short-Term Overload Rating||Tolerate 200% rated I for a minimum of 3 minutes|
|Approvals||cUL, UL; UL Recognized, CE Marked|
Minimum 95% L at 110% Load
Minimum 80% L at 150% Load
|Input and Output||Available for either line or load side of a VFD|
The KDR Line Reactor has been designed to provide the best protection for both your drive and your application. KDR Line Reactors are available in two ratings versions, Low “Z” (low impedance, any application where a 3% reactor would be applied) and High “Z” (high impedance, any application where a 5% reactor would be applied). Input impedance can significantly improve drive performance. Select impedance based on the guidelines below:
KDR Low "Z" (call 866-635-0296 to order) - Any application where a 3% reactor would be applied.
Reduction of nuisance tripping caused by:
- Transient voltages caused by capacitor switching
- Line notching
- DC bus overvoltage tripping
- Inverter overcurrent and overvoltage
Additional benefits include:
- Lowering injected percentage of harmonic current
- Improving true power factor
- Reducing cross-talk between drives
- Adding impedance to drives with DC link chokes/reactors when more impedance is desired due to a relatively stiff source
KDR High "Z" (available on EmotronDirect) - Any application where a 5% reactor would be applied.
KDR High “Z” offers the same superior benefits as Low “Z” plus additional benefits which include:
- Helping prevent drive component damage
- Providing maximum harmonic mitigation without adding capacitance
- Further improving true power factor
- Adding impedance to drives without DC link chokes/reactors when more impedance is desired due to a relatively stiff source